Answered By: Rachel Koenig Last Updated: Dec 09, 2014 Views: 12
Here are a few steps that may be useful.
1. Start at the Library Learning Commons website: www.canton.edu/library
2. Click on the link for “Research Databases”.
3. This will take you to an alphabetical list of all the databases. For your question, a great place to start would be the Education Source database.
4. Once you are on Education Source, I would do a search for: “teachers AND layoffs”. This will give you all kinds of resources – academic journals, news articles, websites, reference books, and more. The AND that you’ve placed in your search will bring up all of the articles that mention BOTH teachers and layoffs. So try this out and see if it helps out with your topic.
5. Then, try looking on the left hand side of the screen where you can “Refine your results.” Toward the bottom you can refine your search by a specific “Subject,” which may lead you to even more sources that pertain to your topic.
Feel free to email us back or come in to the library for some more help...or if you had something different in mind for your topic. We're more than happy to help!
Southworth Library Learning Commons
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617
Main Phone: (315) 386-7228
Help Desk: (315) 386-7448
Fax: (315) 386-7931
Text: (315) 254-2770